Thursday, August 4, 2011

Warli

I was eager to attend the painting workshop conducted in our office. Came to know about a new word 'Warli'. This is a kind of painting which we might have seen in many restaurants or office reception. Warli is originated from tribes of Maharashtra. This art is usually painted white on a dark background mostly brown, but it can be any combination of colors too. I was given a Warli image to replicate the same with my choice of colors on a handmade paper. I found it very easy since it was free hand and whatever I painted was also an art of my creation. Men can be easily represented only with triangles, circles and lines. Women is differentiated by an extra circle on head. These kind of paintings depict the daily life of people, their culture, festivals, dance and other activities. Someone who has interest in painting but has never taken brush on hand are also welcome to this colorful Indian painting to rejoice the joy of art and colors.

No comments: